Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: are you genius

  1. #1
    Inactive Member narayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I need an idea(a good one) for a short film to keep my parents happy and to prevent them form taking my camera away to make me do homework. As you can see I am a desperate case andin need your help. Ilive in the country and have only 1 actor plus two dogs, any ideas?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Bushman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like you dont have much equipment/crew so the best thing to do is make a psychological arty film with varied technical shots. U seen taxi driver...basically it focuses on one character all the way through with sublime camera angles to portray iscolation, loneliness and fear.
    Just have one main character and show the world around him/her?
    Good soundtrack always helpz.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member N. Foster Tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2000
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you need ideas that badly, maybe you shouldn't be making films in the first place. There is enough bad movies out there. Isn't the whole point of filmmaking about expressing your own ideas and thoughts through stories and characters? I thought it was. Oh, that was before people made films ONLY because it was the "hip" and "cool" thing to do.

    I wouldn't even try.

    -N. Foster Tyler

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, we don't need any of that talk!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member narayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not as if I don't have ideas, but since I'm 16 and in school I dont have time, money or equipment to make the short movies in my head, your negativity is unnecessary. Thank you to the person who suggested the single chracter thing I'm already working on it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 1999
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Go for it man, you'll do fine.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member johnny16mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2000
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Make a George Lucas'esque sci-fi movie. Kind of like "Electronic Labyrinth" (aka. THX-1138: 4EB). Make it like you're actor is a bad ass patrolman for this huge government installation, which you never have to see, and he's on the trail of an escapee. GO with the whole dehumanization theme and have the same actor play TWO ROLES! He can be the tracker, and the escapee. He has two dogs that are trying to sniff out this escapee. Use a lot of visual montages and camera tricks and freaky dissonant music and it would rock!
    and of course it's set in the future!

    Later,
    Brandon

    PS- If you wanna check out the Lucas short "Electronic Labyrinth," go to Atom Films Online and check it out.


    [This message has been edited by johnny16mm (edited April 30, 2000).]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member narayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Vertino,I really like your idea, it was thought provoking, but I'm already working on this after death thing, listening to music is great for ideas. The george Lucas thing was .... intresting.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    One actor, two dogs?

    remember Rodriguez had a gutiar case and a turtle... what did he make? an action movie!

    If I was in your situation... living in the country, I'd use all that to my advantage.

    Here are few ideas off the top of my head, (so if they sound stupid, then I'm thinking as I'm typing).


    A boy and his dog stories are great... every boy has a 'special' friend when he's a kid. You could make an emotional movie about the relationship between the boy and his faithful pup? - the story could point towards his first dog being killed? and then concludes with him getting another dog?

    You'd have to fill in the gaps...


    another could be a sci-fi approach, where the boy and his dog are walking through the fields, see an objetct landing in the distance... and they start to chase the story?


    Hell, I don't know... I'm just thinking off the top of my head here... Good Luck with your dreams


    Vertino

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •